TUNA SALAD SURPRISE
This was a big hit at the detox class because we used wild albacore canned tuna and a unique dressing that has no mayonnaise but is soooo creamy.
- 2 6oz. cans wild albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely minced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 medium cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds OR pumpkin seed
- 1/2 cup Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mince green onions and press garlic. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their health promoting benefits.
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender adding oil a little at a time at end to incorporate. Blend well to make sure sunflower seeds are ground and texture is creamy.
- Mix tuna, celery, walnuts, parsley, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix desired amount of dressing with tuna mixture. Serve on the chopped Romaine lettuce and tomatoes.
For a meal idea: Serve with Inca Red Quinoa and Whole Foods Flackers (Doctor in the Kitchen) crackers. This would be a high fiber, high omega-3, and high protein meal that is totally satisfying. We used Wild Planet canned Wild Albacore Tuna (Costco).